It’s been well over two thousand, three hundred years since an actual Egyptian sat on the throne of the Nile Valley’s greatest civilisation. Since then, only foreigners have controlled Kemet, the true name for Egypt. And yet control over Kemet remains a fierce battle to this day.
On the one side are Eurocentrists who, to build their racial self-esteem, and to justify the massive crime of imperialism against Africa, have spent the last three hundred years Whitewashing the civilisation into something that their own Greek and Roman ancestors never claimed.
On the other side is everyone who embraces the historical record, physical anthropology, comparative linguistics and culture, and, of course, DNA. They recognise what most of Hollywood, Arabs in Egypt, and the Western academic establishment refuse to: that Kemet was an African civilisation from its farmers to its pharaohs.
Previously on MF Galaxy I’ve had a range of guests discussing African Egypt, including Molefi Kete Asante, Martin Bernal, Richard Poe, and Runoko Rashidi. Today I’m delighted to add a new authority to the roster: Deidra Ramsey McIntyre. She’s a programmer, tech-writer, journalist, entrepreneur, and teacher. She’s been a cross-disciplinary writer on Kemet for years, bridging genetics, culture, and ancient documents to demonstrate the Africanity of the Nile Valley civilisation.
McIntyre is also the administrator of the Facebook group Africa: Ancient Kemet & Nubia connection group. She creates succinct infographics about Kemet’s Africanity, and writes at length about Kemet on Quora.
McIntyre spoke with me by Skype from her home on February 22, 2018. We discussed:
- Why pop culture such as the massively successful Black Panther movie won’t be enough to stop the academy from Whitewashing Kemet
- The major reason why so many Westerners cling to the belief that Ancient Egypt was non-African, despite the wide-ranging evidence that proves them wrong
- The savage attacks that Eurocentrists mount against even White academics who simply discuss the facts
- The Whitewashing of Tutankhamun by National Geographic, and which iconic sculpture from Ancient Kemet is actually a Eurocentric fake
Along the way, we discussed a range of topics, some of which don’t get explained in our conversation. So, a few notes:
- The name Kemet means “the black land” as in its rich soil, but also, according to Black Athena author Martin Bernal in an interview with me from years ago, “land of Black people.” The name “Egypt” is an English rendering of Aigyptos, a Greek corruption of the ancient Kemetic name “Het-Ka-Ptah.”
- Cheikh Anta Diop was a Senegalese nuclear physicist and Egyptologist, author of many works including the classic The African Origin of Civilisation: Myth Or Reality?
- The White Crown is the name given to the gourd-like crown of southern Egypt
- Zawi Hawass is an Arab Egyptologist and former Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs in the Arab Republic of Egypt
- Finally, while discussing the cultural significance of Black Panther, I quoted what it had earned the day our discussion. As of March 18, 2018, the day I’m recording this episode, Black Panther had earned $1.18 billion globally.
- The fictional Wakandan panther god Bast is the actual ancient feline goddess Bast, Baset, or Bastet from Ancient Kemet, and the Wakandan script seems mostly based on Tifinagh, an ancient Berber script spread over Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Libya, and Algeria.
Deidra Ramsey McIntyre’s Quora Articles on Kemet
Nefertiti bust a forgery
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE ON iTUNES
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE ON iHEARTRADIO
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE ON PLAYER FM
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE ON STITCHER
SUPPORT MF GALAXY ON PATREON
FOR MORE INFORMATION + LINKS